CROSS COUNTRY SKIING
Healthy Fun in nature
Cross country skiing brings movement in your life. Enjoy our breath-taking countryside with a relaxing atmosphere and escape your everyday routine.
Cross country skiing is one of the most healthiest forms of exercise. The pressure on your ankle-joint will be minimalised by the gliding phase of the ski. It is a fantastic work-out for heart and veins while most of your muscles will be used. Ideal for a starting sportsman or for a more intensive form of sports in the winter. You will have a good time.
We are looking forward to your presence.
Michi’s Nordic Team
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING TECHNICS
WHICH DO I TAKE?
- You will move within two prepared tracks, that run next to each other (Loipe)
- You will be more guided as with skating
- An easy start because of the push off action within a diagonal step
- Good for your stamina and control of your heart frequency
- A cross country ski has a rough part in the middle “the push-off part”. By pushing the ski in the snow, this part will get a firm contact with the snow and you will move forward.
- You don’t stay in a track (Loipe)
- It looks a bit more dynamic
- Skating movement
- Interesting through its Speed
- The cross country ski has a smooth surface and is a bit shorter. The push-off is side wards by the edges
After your instructions you can test the things, you have learnt in our cross country ski area. There are 25 km of different loipes, which will lead you through Gerlos of in our romantic valleys with its beautiful scenery. Of course there are small restaurants next to the loipe for a will deserved break.
The night loipe is open 7 days a week until 22.30.
Meeting Point Cross Country Skiing
|In front of the entrance of Intersport Isskogel valley station Sign "Michis's Nordic"|
CROSS COUNTRY SKI LESSONS (ONLY PRIVATE LESSONS)
|1 day||10.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 15.00*|
|every extra person||25,-|
* Lessons will be arranged with you personally and confirmed by Email.
|3 hours||10.00 - 13.00||13.00 - 16.00|
|every extra person||25,-||25,-|
|2 hours||10.00 - 12.00||12.00 - 14.00||14.00 - 16.00|
|every extra person||25,-||25,-||25,-|
TIP FOR YOUR EQUIPMENT
- Clothes should let through your sweat
- Clothes should fit, not too wide
- Some thin layers, like an onion, is the best
- Drinking bottle
- Gloves (no skiing gloves), cap and sun glasses