CROSS COUNTRY SKIING
Enjoy nature in a wholesome way
Cross country skiing brings movement to your life. Enjoy our breath-taking countryside in a relaxing atmosphere and escape your everyday routine.
Cross country skiing is one of the healthiest forms of exercise. Pressure on your ankle-joints will be minimalised by the gliding phase of the ski. Because all of your muscles are used, it is known to be a fantastic work-out for your heart and veins. Ideal for a starting sportsman or for everybody looking for a more intense form of wintersport. You will have a good time.
We are looking forward to meeting you.
Michi’s Nordic Team
CROSS COUNTRY SKIING TECHNICS
WHICH DO I TAKE?
- You will move within two prepared tracks, that run next to each other (Loipe)
- You will be more guided as with skating
- An easy start because of the push off action within a diagonal step
- Good for your stamina and control of your heart frequency
- A cross country ski has a rough part in the middle “the push-off part”. By pushing the ski in the snow, this part will get a firm contact with the snow and you will move forward.
- You don’t stay in a track (Loipe)
- It looks a bit more dynamic
- Skating movement
- Interesting through its Speed
- The cross country ski has a smooth surface and is a bit shorter. The push-off is side wards by the edges
After your instructions you can test the things, you have learnt in our cross country ski area. There are 25 km of different loipes, which will lead you through Gerlos of in our romantic valleys with its beautiful scenery. Of course there are small restaurants next to the loipe for a will deserved break.
The night loipe is open 7 days a week until 22.30.
Meeting Point Cross Country Skiing
|In front of the entrance of Intersport Isskogel valley station Sign "Michis's Nordic"|
CROSS COUNTRY SKI LESSONS (ONLY PRIVATE LESSONS)
|1 day||10.00 - 12.00 & 13.00 - 15.00*|
|every extra person||25,-|
* Lessons will be arranged in person and confirmed by Email.
|3 hours||10.00 - 13.00||13.00 - 16.00|
|every extra person||25,-||25,-|
|2 hours||10.00 - 12.00||12.00 - 14.00||14.00 - 16.00|
|every extra person||25,-||25,-||25,-|
TIP FOR YOUR EQUIPMENT
- Clothes should let through your sweat
- Clothes should fit, not too wide
- Some thin layers, like an onion, is the best
- Drinking bottle
- Gloves (no skiing gloves), cap and sun glasses